Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Koru art and Mihi

My Mihi and Koru art
We use our mihi to introduce ourselves. It helps others to know where we are from and to see if there are any connections. We have been working hard to learn the RSS mihi and have created some art to go with it.

We were inspired by our trip to the Marae last term and the way koru are used as part of a pattern to tell stories. In our art we have used koru to represent the people in our families. We have chosen their favourite colours to add another detail to our story. We chose a background for our koru to help share our connections.

Success Criteria:
  • My art tells a story about me 
  • I can say the Mihi clearly
  •  I use expression when I speak


How I am going

My art tells a story about me 
Kerri thinks



I can say the Mihi clearly
Kerri thinks

I use expression when I speak
Kerri thinks

Reflection

I really like: doing the koru art because i like doing art.

It was really hard when: you had to say because the vdieo had so meny words

Something that really helped me was: Going onto Rosie's blog because I could listen to how to say the words properly.

Kerri Thinks
You thought about your family and the colours they like to create a beautiful piece of art that tells a story. Rosie's blog was a great way for us to learn the Russell Street School mihi and we could learn how to say the words properly. It was hard to say the mihi correctly but breaking it up into bits helped a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment