Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!




I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: Helping someone when he or she is hurt and I get a duty teacher 

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: tidying up when I am not even asked, doing the right thing.

It was really hard when: when I want to do the right thing but I'm not really sure what the right thing is.

Kerri Thinks
You show rangatiratanga in and out of the classroom. You are someone who leads by example. You can be counted on to quietly do the right thing, even if the questions are hard, and you are in the right spot trying your very best. You show initative when you make choices about what needs to be done and getting on and doing it - like helping to keep the i-time icons tidy even when the kids just dump them on the table. 
It can be tricky to know what is the right thing to do but if you keep on trying your very best at everything and think before you act, you will make the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment