Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read



How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks

I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks

I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks

I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks

Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me because: I already know it and I can keep learning about it.

It was really hard when: I had to think what was going to happen next because you are don't look at the pictures, you have to do lots of thinking.

Something that really helped me was: Kerri and my story and practising. I share my ideas more now.

 Something new I learned was: new amazing words

Kerri thinks
Lizzy, you have really grown in confidence as a reader and now readily share your ideas in the group. You can be counted on to think before you answer and are prepared to have a go and take risks in your learning. Being a great reader is all about thinking about what you have read and making sure you understand the text - you are a great reader Lizzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment