Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

Whakawhanaungatanga



We have been learning all about whakawhanaungatanga and what it means. We think it is all about getting along better, including everybody and being in a team.

When we are showing Whakawhanaungatanga we will :

 
See:  people sharing and noticing other people

Hear:  kind words, encouraging words like "ka pai", "good job”, “can I help?"

Think about: about other people, listen and share.


Task: Listen to your buddy and learn some things about them. Work together to create a poster sharing what you have learned about each other. Remember to practise using encouraging words, to share ideas and to notice how you your buddy might be feeling. 

 Success Criteria:     
  • I used kind words.
  • I listened to my buddy and found out something new.
  • I shared my ideas with my buddy.
  • I show whakawhanaungatanga in and out of the playground.

Reflection
I used kind words.
 


I listened to my buddy and found out something new.
 



I shared my ideas with my buddy.
 



I show whakawhanaungatanga in and out of the playground.
 


I show whakawhanaungatanga when: I am in the playground

It was hard when: I want to play my game and someone has fallen over.


I really liked: helping people

Kerri Thinks
 


Lizzy, you are a delightful young lady and you use kind words in and out of the classroom. You notice when pople are sad or left out and you try to include them. I love that you are sharing more and more of your ideas and I cannot wait to see and hear what the rest of the year will bring. It can be tricky to do the right thing, show whakawhanaungatanga, when you want to play and you notice someone is hurt. I think you do help event if you don't want to. Keep up the great learning!
Kerri



No comments:

Post a Comment